The San Diego Relay has been designed to carry two runners over a spectacular 13.1-mile course, while showcasing one of the world’s most beautiful cities! Leg 1 starts between Petco Park and the San Diego Convention Center on palm-tree lined Harbor Drive and continues with spectacular views of the USS Midway Museum, San Diego Bay, San Diego’s skyline, Harbor Island, Spanish Landing Park and Cancer Survivor Park. After arriving in historic Liberty Station, Leg 1 will pass the baton to their relay partner at NTC Park (formerly, the Naval Training Center). Leg 2 then runs past the Marine Corps Recruit Depot. Next, it’s up Washington Street through the neighborhoods of Mission Hills and Hillcrest. The last few miles coast gradually downhill, passing beautiful Balboa Park and lead right back into downtown to re-unite with your partner for an epic finish together inside Petco Park!
The San Diego Half Marathon is limited to 7,000 participants.
“Like” us on Facebook to see all of our perks as they’re announced!
1. Find a relay partner by teaming up with a friend or family member.
2. Decide who will start the race as Runner 1 (Leg 1) and who will be Runner 2 (Leg 2).
3. Register both relay partners together in the same order as Runner 1 and Runner 2. If you need help collecting your relay partner’s registration info, please visit our FAQ for details on what you will need to know.
• VIP upgrade includes reception, parking, and restrooms
• Convenience upgrade allows you the option to pick up your race packet on race day
• Each relay partner will complete 6.55 miles (~10km)
• See our pace table to estimate your finish time
• Pace Team supports half marathon goal finish times of: 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00
• Course time limit: 1:45 hr per leg (16 min/mi pace for 6.55 miles)
Sunday, March 11, 2018
• Runner 1 will receive an official relay baton included with their packet.
• Only steps away from downtown’s best Hotels
• Before race start, Runner 2 takes a complimentary shuttle from Petco Park to mile 6.55
• After the baton hand-off at mile 6.55, Runner 1 takes a complimentary shuttle to just outside Petco Park so relay partners can reunite and finish together!
• Use only Runner 1’s bib number when tracking the runners.
• Invite your fans to watch your epic finish inside Petco Park! Entry is free and open to the public
• Special offers and $1 beer (age 21 & up only) for finishers at participating Gaslamp Quarter businesses
*All times are approximate. Daylight savings starts at 2:00am PST on Sunday, March 11, 2018
Race weekend parking and driving directions will be included in our final instructions and emailed to participants by Monday, March 5.
The final instructions link will also be available on our website homepage and Facebook page on Monday, March 5.