Below you will find important information to help you plan your day and cheer on your family and friends as they race in the San Diego Half Marathon or 5K on Sunday, March 13, 2016!
Introducing our best-ever real-time race tracking. Find a runner within 10 seconds of crossing each split point:
Real-Time Live Tracking FAQs
PLEASE NOTE: Live tracking results are unofficial. Official results are posted upon completion of the event. Locations plotted on map are estimates only.
Live Tracking will be available starting on race morning, Sunday, March 13, 2016.
Best Viewing Locations Along The Route
FREE and open to the public!
• They might even see you first, so be sure to wear something they can spot easily.
• You have the chance to encourage all the participants with a simple piece of paper and a marker!
• Runners can get a second wind just from hearing a “Great job!”, “Keep it up” or “Looking good!” On the other hand, avoid phrases such as “You’re almost there!” unless you are close to the finish line.
• Chances are that you will have to stand and wait for your loved one for a little while, even if you estimate their arrival times.
• It will be cool in the early morning, even if the forecast calls for sunny skies. Later in the morning, you may need to shed some layers.Don’t forget a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
• While runners will get a photo of themselves at the end of the race, many will want their mid-route strides captured!
• There are plenty of great restaurants, coffee shops and more along our route. Stop in and grab a snack before you get to your spectator viewing spot.