Welcome back to running, we missed you! We are so excited to announce that we are moving forward with the 10th Annual San Diego Half Marathon on Sunday, July 18, 2021!
In July, California will be in the “beyond the Blueprint*” guidelines, allowing for the full safe reopening of the economy. Additionally, we have been working closely with the San Diego County Department of Health on best practices for our event, leveraging the most effective safety protocols implemented to date.
We ask that participants take personal responsibility for your safety. If you have a temperature and/or are not feeling well, do not attend the event. We will ship you your packet for a virtual run. Also, if you so desire, you are encouraged to wear a mask when not running and can select a 6′ distanced wave start. We will not be requiring vaccinations or testing to participate in the race, but we will comply with all State and County Health requirements.
Additionally, we will be implementing new safety protocols this year, including:
- Limiting our capacity to 5,000 runners for the Half Marathon
- Extending wave start times
- Designating optional 6′ distanced waves.
Enhanced hygiene, safety, and sanitation protocols such as:
- Multiple hand sanitizer, hand washing, and disinfectant wipe stations,
- Reduced touchpoints and interaction between volunteers and staff,
- Reduced Packet Pick up vendors, spaced further apart,
- Race packet delivery to hotel rooms if you are staying at a partner hotel (Hilton Gaslamp or Omni), and
- We are discouraging any gear check, however, we will provide an area for a touchless, self-serve drop-off/pick-up. You will have an option to drop/pick up your gear bag in a secured area, but volunteers will not be handling gear bags.
Thank you for your patience and weathering this storm with us. We can’t wait to run San Diego with you!
The SDHALF Race Crew
*Beyond the Blueprint is predicated on the established criteria of low hospitalizations and vaccination thresholds having been met, which we have been informed we are on track to do.
The San Diego Half Marathon is more than just a race! We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit and we have a special place in our hearts for youth fitness & wellness. Make a tax deductible donation to help our youth fitness efforts, including launching our new Screen-to-5K program as part of our new Million Mile Charities organization in 2021.
COMPLETE THE TRIPLE CROWN
For the first time ever, you can run the 2021 San Diego Half Marathon as part of the Triple Crown Series! Run three top quality half marathons to receive an extra-large Triple Crown Medal to add to your collection.