Race Day Parking
Petco Park – 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
If arriving by passenger vehicle, choose your parking option, then select the route that is best for you. The trolley is also a great option and is listed after the Paid Parking below. For a list of road closures and alternate routes, please visit our Traffic Info page.
Driving to Petco Park. Use the I-5 fwy to access the parking areas listed below:
- If traveling I-5 southbound, use either the 10th Avenue or Imperial Ave Exits. (If you exit onto Front St, please note that it is under construction and closed south of Broadway so be prepared for detours that may cause delays).
- If traveling northbound on I-5, exit at J Street.
- If traveling from the east, exit onto the 94 Fwy then turn south onto 16th St to Imperial Ave.
- For Half Marathon start waves, use the Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge or park at 8th & Harbor Garage (option 4 below). Alternatively, drop off your stadium-safe gear bag at Gear Check on Park Blvd south of Imperial across from Petco Park, near the Pedestrian Bridge.
- For Padres 5K start waves, enter Harbor Drive via 5th Avenue to line up in your waves.
- Relay Leg 2 shuttle buses will be located near Gear Check on Imperial Blvd. near Park Blvd.
Ride Share: Drop-off/pick-up zones are located on the northeast side of Petco Park. Use 10th Ave. between Park Blvd. and K St.
All metered parking is free on Sundays in downtown San Diego.
1. Tailgate Lot — $10; Enter this surface lot from Imperial Ave. at 13th St.
2. Lexus Premier Lot — $20; Enter this surface lot from Imperial Ave. at 11th Ave, between Park Blvd and 14th St.
3. MTS Garage — $10; Located on 1100 Imperial Ave.$10; Enter this garage from Imperial Ave., between 12th Ave. and 14th St.
4. Convention Center Garage — $20; Located at 111 West Harbor Dr. Enter via Harbor Drive from Front St. Westbound Harbor Drive will not be available on race morning.
5. Bayfront Hilton Garage – $20; Located at 1 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101. From the north, take Harbor Drive; if coming from the south, take Cesar Chavez Parkway.
6. Padres Parkade— $10; Entrance to this garage is on 10th Ave. between Island Ave and J St. Access from I-5 southbound’s 10th Ave. exit.
7. Diamond View Towers – $15. 350 10th Ave. (not shown)
Note: Use caution when using online map services for driving directions, as they do not account for our race road closures or construction projects.
RIDE THE TROLLEY
The MTS Trolley network is an attractive option for those traveling from the north, east or south. On race day, plan to arrive at the 12th & Imperial Trolley Station (closest to Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge for half marathon waves and Gear Check for all participants) or Gaslamp Quarter Trolley Station (closest to 5K start waves). A trolley 2-way pass or Day Pass is approximately $5.00. For more detailed arrival/departure times and a list of stations with free parking, please visit www.sdmts.com.
Trolleys arrive at Petco Park in plenty of time prior to the race, as follows:
- Blue Line northbound (San Ysidro to 12& Imperial) arrives at the 12th & Imperial Trolley Station at 5:31am, 6:01am and 6:31am.
- Green Line (Santee/Qualcomm Stadium to Gaslamp) arrives at Gaslamp Quarter Trolley Station at 5:24am, 5:54am, 6:24am and 6:54am and 12th & Imperial Trolley Station at 5:26am, 5:56am, 6:26am and 6:56am.
- Orange Line southbound (El Cajon to 12th & Imperial) arrives at the 12th & Imperial Trolley Station at 5:57am and 6:27am.