Schedule of Events
Expo: March 13&14
Friday, March 13: 3pm – 7pm
Saturday, March 14: 9am – 5pm
Kick off the weekend by picking up your race packet at our Sport, Health, & Fitness Expo. For more final instructions regarding Expo, please visit: How to get to the Expo or How to pick up your race packet.
Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier, 1000 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Race Day: Sunday, March 15**
Petco Park, 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
- Gear Check* drop-off opens on Trevor Hoffman Way (formerly Park Blvd, just south of Imperial Ave)
- Solutions Tent and Race Day Packet Pick-Up opens on Trevor Hoffman Way (formerly the southern end of Park Blvd, south of Imperial Ave, across from Petco Park)
*Please see below for Gear Check do’s and don’ts
- Padres 5K Start on Harbor Drive at 5th Ave. Access via 5th Ave.
- Be advised that your Wave’s start time may be as early as 6:55am or as late as 7:10am. Your chip time doesn’t begin until you cross the timing mat.
- The 5K has a time limit of 1 hr (20 min/mi pace)
- 5K wave assignments are based the following estimated finish times (with minimum pace per mile):
- Wave A = 20 mins or less (6:30 min/mi)
- Wave B = 20-32 mins (10:15 min/mi)
- Wave C = 32-35mins (11:15 min/mi)
- Wave D = 45 mins or more (20 min/mi)
- Relay Leg 2, shuttles begin departing from Imperial Ave (just across Park Blvd from Petco Park), to the relay transition. The last Relay Leg 2 shuttle departs at 7:30am.
- Half Marathon Start, accessible via the Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge†
- Be advised that your Wave’s start time may be as late as 8:10am. Your chip time doesn’t begin until you cross the timing mat.
- The half marathon has time limit of 3.5 hrs (16 min/mi pace). If you exceed our 3.5hr time limit on the half marathon or relay, you may encounter a delay before entering the stadium due to the 11:45am Kids Race.
**All times listed are approximate and may be subject to change. Be sure to check our Facebook page for any last minute updates.
†Special Message to Half Marathoners: When you are ready to start, head over to the southeast side of Petco Park and access your wave via the Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge. If you plan to use gear check, allow yourself extra time for drop-off at Trevor Hoffman Way (formerly the southern end of Park Blvd) beforehand. We highly recommend that you come early to enjoy the beautiful view, as it is one of the largest self-anchored pedestrian bridges in the world! (You can even see the Padres 5K Start from way up there). Numbered wave signs will be all along Harbor Drive and will move continually forward after the 7am Padres 5K Start. Half marathon wave assignments, 1 – 10, are based on the following estimated finish times (and minimum pace per mile):
- Wave 1 – 1:45 or less (8:00 min/mi) + Relay Leg 1 – 1:15 or less (11:30 min/mi)
- Wave 2 – 1:45-2:00 (7:45 – 9:15 min/mi) + Relay Leg 1 – 1:15 or more (16 min/mi)
- Wave 3 – 2:00 (9:15 min/mi)
- Wave 4 – 2:00 – 2:10 (10:00 min/mi)
- Wave 5 – 2:10-2:15 (10:15 min/mi)
- Wave 6 – 2:15-2:30 (10:45 min/mi)
- Wave 7 – 2:30 (11:30 min/mi)
- Wave 8 – 2:30 (11:30 min/mi)
- Wave 9 – 2:30-2:50 (13:00 min/mi)
- Wave 10 – 2:50-3:30 (16:00 min/mi)
7:15am – 12:00pm
- Celebrate San Diego in Petco Park*: Spectators can watch runners finish on the field on the giant video board. Friends and family of all ages can enjoy free admission and open seating. The Spectator Zone is located in the lower seating bowl along the 3rd baseline.
- 8:30am: Padres 5K winners will be notified via text message and video/ribbon boards, so be sure to visit us at the Awards Tent at Park at the Park if you think you might be winner! Please plan to pick up your award by noon.
- 10:30am: Half Marathon and Relay winners will be notified via text message and video/ribbon boards, so be sure to visit us at at the Awards Tent at Park at the Park if you think you might be winner! Please plan to pick-up your award by 12:30pm.
- Massages will be available after you finish the race in the Breitbard Hall of Fame located on the 2nd Floor of the Western Metal Supply Building on the way to the Spectator Zone.
- Enjoy $1 Craft Beer and other special offers at participating Gaslamp restaurants. For details, visit Special Offers for Finishers.
*Celebrate San Diego in Petco Park is free & open to the public.
Take note of the following Rules of the Road:
- In the start area, be sure to line up in the correct wave. Your wave number is pre-printed on your race bib and is alphabetized A – D for the Padres 5K and numbered 1 – 10 for the Half Marathon.
- Start near the back of your wave if you plan to run slower than you expected or if you are alternating between running and walking. If running with a partner or group, please allow space for other runners to pass and do block the route.
- If you would like to change waves to join another participant, please ensure that you are moving to a higher wave number (slower pace) and not a to a lower one.
- When slowing or stopping at a water station, pick up your cup or energy gel as far forward as possible to allow plenty of room for others behind you.
- Upon finishing, if you would like to wait for a another participant, please proceed through the finish area and plan to meet at Park at the Park or in the seats in the Spectator Zone.