Schedule of Events
Expo: March 8-9
Friday, March 8: 3pm – 7pm
Saturday, March 9: 9am – 5pm
Kick off the weekend by picking up your race packet at our Sport, Health, & Fitness Expo. For more final instructions regarding Expo, please visit: How to get to the Expo or How to pick up your race packet.
Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier, 1000 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Race Day: Sunday, March 10**
Petco Park, 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
- Gear Check* drop-off opens on Park Blvd (just south of Imperial Ave)
- Solutions Tent and Race Day Packet Pick-Up opens at the southern end of Park Blvd south of Imperial Ave, across from Petco Park
*Please see below for Gear Check do’s and don’ts
- 5K Start on Harbor Drive at 5th Ave. Access via 5th Ave.
- Due to the wave start, be advised that your start time may be as late as 7:10am. Your chip time doesn’t begin until you cross the timing mat.
- The 5K has a time limit of 1 hr (20 min/mi pace)
- 5K wave assignments are based the following estimated finish times:
- Wave A = 14-18 mins (due to the new trolley schedule, this wave will start early, 6:55am)
- Wave B = 18 mins-30mins,
- Wave C = 30-45mins
- Wave D > 45mins (only use the right hand lane through Mile 1/Ash St)
- Relay Leg2, shuttles begin departing from Imperial Ave (just across Park Blvd from Petco Park), to the relay transition. The last Relay Leg2 shuttle departs at 7:30am.
- Half Marathon Start, accessible via the Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge†
- Due to the wave start, be advised that your start time may be as late as 8:10am. Your chip time doesn’t begin until you cross the timing mat.
- The half marathon has time limit of 3.5 hrs (16 min/mi pace).
**All times listed are approximate and may be subject to change. Be sure to check our Facebook page for any last minute updates.
†Special Message to Half Marathoners: When you are ready to start, head over to the southeast side of Petco Park and access your wave via the Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge. If you plan to use gear check, allow yourself extra time for drop-off at the southeast corner of Park Blvd beforehand. We highly recommend that you come early to enjoy the beautiful view, as it is one of the largest self-anchored pedestrian bridges in the world! (You can even see the 5K Start from way up there). Numbered wave signs will be all along Harbor Drive and will move continually forward after the 7am 5K Start. Half marathon wave assignments, 1 – 10, are based on the following estimated finish times (and paces):
- Wave 1 – 1:40 or less (7:45 min/mi) + Relay Leg1 1:05 or less (10 min/mi)
- Wave 2 – 1:45-1:50 (7:45 – 8:30 min/mi) + Relay Leg1 1:10 – 1:30 (10 – 13:40 min/mi)
- Wave 3 – 1:50-2:00 (8:30 – 9:15 min/mi) + Relay Leg1 1:30 or more (13:45 min/mi)
- Wave 4 – 2:00 (9:15 min/mi)
- Wave 5 – 2:00-2:10 (9:15 – 10:00 min/mi)
- Wave 6 – 2:10-2:20 (10:00 – 10:45 min/mi)
- Wave 7 – 2:20-2:30 (10:45 min/mi – 11:30 min/mi)
- Wave 8 – 2:30 (11:30 min/mi)
- Wave 9 – 2:30-2:45 (11:30 min/mi – 12:35 min/mi)
- Wave 10 – 2:45 or more (12:35 min/mi)
- Kids Race inside Petco Park
- Kids (and Coaches), please meet us in seating Section 116 in the Spectator Zone
- Kids, we may take you on a warm up lap or 2, but your chip time doesn’t begin until we start the race and you cross the timing mat
- Kids Race wave assignments are based on age:
- Wave 1 (ages 6 & under) will run 1 loop, or 1/4-mile
- Wave 2 (ages 7-9) will run 2 loops, or 1/2-mile
- Wave 3 (Ages 10-12) will run 4 loops, or 1 mile
7:15am – 12:00pm
- Celebrate San Diego in Petco Park*: Spectators can watch runners finish on the field on the giant video board. Friends and family of all ages can enjoy free admission and open seating. The Spectator Zone is located in the lower seating bowl along the 3rd baseline.
- 8:30am: 5K winners will be notified via text message and video/ribbon boards, so be sure to visit us at the Visitor Dugout near the finish line if you think you might be winner! You can access the Visitor Dugout by following signs to the Spectator Zone. Please plan to pick up your award by noon.
- 10:30am: Half Marathon and Relay winners will be notified via text message and video/ribbon boards, so be sure to visit us at the Visitor Dugout near the finish line if you think you might be winner! Please plan to pick-up your award by noon. You can access the Visitor Dugout by following signs to the Spectator Zone.
- Massages will be available after you finish the race in the Breitbard Hall of Fame located on the 2nd Floor of the Western Metal Supply Building on the way to the Spectator Zone.
- Enjoy $1 Craft Beer and other special offers at participating Gaslamp restaurants. For details, visit Special Offers for Finishers.
*Celebrate San Diego in Petco Park is free & open to the public.
Take note of the following Rules of the Road:
- In the start area, be sure to line up in the correct wave. Your wave number is pre-printed on your race bib and is alphabetized A – D for the 5K and numbered 1 – 10 for the Half Marathon.
- Start near the back of your wave if you plan to run slower than you expected or if you are alternating between running and walking.
- If you would like to change waves to join another participant, please ensure that you are moving to a higher wave number (slower pace) and not a to a lower one.
- When slowing or stopping at a water station, pick up your cup or energy gel as far forward as possible to allow plenty of room for others behind you.
- Upon finishing , if you would like to wait for a another participant, please proceed through the finish area and plan to meet at Park at the Park or in the seats in the Spectator Zone.