HOW TO RACE AS A VIRTUAL RUNNER
Available: Dec 1, 2018 – May 24, 2019
For the first time ever, you can register for the San Diego Half Marathon as a virtual runner! “Virtual” means that even if you can’t make the event date, we’ve got you covered. As a virtual runner, you won’t miss out on amazing perks and you will be able to keep your half marathon legacy status. Your bib, official shirt, finisher medal and qualifying legacy gift will be mailed directly to your address on file.
While we will definitely miss you at the actual start line, we want to reward your half marathon accomplishment anytime you are able to get it done. <Virtual hi fives all around!> #sdhalf
- Register for the “Virtual San Diego Half Marathon” using the Register Now button. The price is $15-$20 higher than the half marathon and includes domestic-only shipping & handling. If you are already registered, you can Upgrade to Virtual Runner by visiting our online store: https://sdhalfmarathon.com/store/
- Choose a day on your calendar to run your 13.1 miles. You can choose any time, any pace and any route that works for you.
- Create and follow a customized training plan (or download one from our half marathon page), making any adjustments according to your race day and personal goals.
- On your race day, record your run and snap a photo of the summary screen on your phone, smartwatch, activity tracker or treadmill.
- Congratulations and well done, Virtual Runner! Submit the photo to: email@example.com
- Check the mail for your bib, official shirt, finisher medal, and qualifying legacy gift. We begin mailings around April 1st.
Hope to see you back at the race in 2020!