Run your #SDHALF from anywhere …and anytime in 2021*!
Whether you can’t make the date or just prefer to run your SDHALF virtually, we want to make race registration easy for YOU!
As a virtual runner, you won’t miss out on amazing perks to keep you motivated during your training or to keep your legacy streak alive. Your bib, shirt, medal and qualifying legacy gift will be mailed directly to your domestic address on file. You can also opt to run the Triple Crown for either the half marathon or 5K so you can earn even more awesome bling to add to your collection! While we will definitely miss seeing you in person, we want to reward your running accomplishments anytime you are able to get them done. <Virtual hi fives all around!> #sdhalf
- Using the Register Now button above, first choose your distance: half marathon (13.1 miles), 10K (6.2 miles) or 5K (3.1 miles). When it asks you how you would like to receive your packet, be sure to select the option: “Virtual Race – Please ship my packet to me”. New in 2021: there are no upgrade fees for virtual runners as long as you have provided a domestic address on file. International shipments will cost an additional $20 to cover international VAT/brokerage fees; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Choose a day on your calendar to run your 13.1 or 3.1 miles. You can choose any time, any pace and any route that works for you.
- Create and follow a customized training plan (or download one from our half marathon, 10K or 5K pages), making any adjustments according to your race day and personal goals.
- On your race day, record your run and snap a photo of the summary screen on your phone, smartwatch, activity tracker or treadmill.
- Congratulations and well done, Virtual Runner! Submit the photo to: email@example.com &/or feel free to post it to our members-only Official San Diego Half Marathon Facebook Group.
- Check the mail for your bib, official shirt, finisher medal, and, if you are a multi-consecutive-year half marathon finisher, your qualifying legacy gift. We begin mailings 2 weeks after our in-person event and we will continuously send virtual race packets as we receive orders *until registration closes on December 31, 2021.
We hope to see you back at the race next year!